Saturday, April 12, 2014

NY Yankees at Toronto Blue Jays – Rogers Centre – April 5, 2014

It didn’t really feel like spring last Saturday on my way up to Toronto for the NY Yankees game at Roger Centre – in fact, I saw some snow! In spite of that, it was a nice day for a baseball game…in a dome!

Rogers Centre - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
One of my favorite ways to travel is by bus – D&F Travel and Know How Tours are how I head out on many of my excursions. This trip was with D&F.

Checking out BP - Coach Joe (top), Francisco Cervelli, Brian McCann
I’m amazed at how much the area around the stadium has changed in recent years – either that, or I just haven’t been paying attention! There’s now an aquarium across from the stadium, and over on another corner is Steam Whistle Brewery, constructed from an old train round-about, which is supposed to be very good.

Jacoby Ellsbury looks much better in a Yankees uniform

I, of course, went up to see Derek Jeter for one of the last times (I have at least one more baseball trip this year), and was hoping for a win, but that part didn’t happen – I did get to see The Captain, however :)

Derek Jeter :)
all photos: paulathompsonfreelance.com

No comments:

Post a Comment