|credit: Wikimedia Commons/Dave Pape|
On the first Friday of each month, the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, located at 1285 Elmwood Ave. in Buffalo, opens the doors to the 1962 Knox Building to the public free of charge from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., thanks to sponsorship from M&T Bank.
- Drop-in Art Activity – 10 a.m.-noon and 5-7 p.m. – free in the Education classrooms.
- Family Fun Tour – 11-11:45 a.m.
- Toddler Art Class – 12:30-1:30 p.m. for ages 3-4 – free for members, $10 for non-members.
- Studio Art Classes for Adults – 1-3 p.m. and 7:30-9:30 p.m. – free for members, $10 for non-members.
- Public Tour – 1:30-2:30 p.m. – a free tour of the 1962 Knox Building.
- Outdoor Sculpture Tour – 4-5 p.m. – free one-hour tour (in the event of rain, tour will take place in 1962 Building).
- Jazz and Happy Hour – 5:30-7:30 p.m. – live music by Doug Yeomans and Sue Kincaid in the AK Café.
- Live Drawing by artist Joan Linder – 6-8 p.m. – in the Clifford Hall Link.
- Squeaky Wheel’s 13th Annual Animation Fest – 7:30-8:30 p.m. – free in the Auditorium.
- The Art of Food and Drink: Hard Cider Tasting – 8:30-9:30 p.m. in the AK Café and Sculpture Garden – $5 for members, $10 for non-members.