|credit: Wikimedia Commons/Dave Pape|
On the first Friday of each month, the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, located at 1285 Elmwood Ave. in Buffalo, opens the doors to the 1962 Knox Building to the public free of charge from 10 a.m.-10 p.m., thanks to sponsorship from M&T Bank.
- Drop-in Art Activity – 10 a.m.-noon and 5-7 p.m. – free in the Education classrooms.
- Family Fun Tour – 11-11:45 a.m. – free in the 1962 Building.
- Mobile ArtCart – Stop Me If You’ve Heard This One: Humor and Satire from the Collection – noon-1:30 p.m. – free in the Clifton Hall Link.
- Studio Art Classes for Adults – 1-3 and 7:30-9:30 p.m. – free for members, $10 for non-members.
- Public Tour – 1:30-2:30 p.m. – a free tour of the 1962 Knox Building.
- “What’s Your Vision?” Tour – 4-5 p.m. – free one-hour tour.
- Jazz and Happy Hour – 5:30-7:30 p.m. – live music in the AK Café featuring Doug Yeomans and Sue Kincaid.
- Gallery Talk – Stop Me If You’ve Heard This One: Humor and Satire from the Collection –6:30-7 and 7:30-8 p.m. – free lecture with Curatorial Assistant Jasmine Magana in the Clifton Hall Link.
- Performance: Black Rock Zydeco – 7:30-8:30 p.m. – free in the Auditorium.
- The Art of Food and Drink: Tommyrotter Distillery – 8:30-9:30 p.m. in the AK Café – $5 for members, $10 for non-members.