|credit: Wikimedia Commons/Dave Pape|
On the first Friday of each month, the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, located at 1285 Elmwood Ave. in Buffalo, opens the doors to the 1962 Knox Building to the public free of charge from 10 a.m.-10 p.m., thanks to sponsorship from M&T Bank.
- Drop-in Art Activity – 10 a.m.-noon and 5-7 p.m. – free for all ages in the Education classrooms.
- Family Fun Tour – 11-11:45 a.m. – free in the 1962 Building.
- ArtCart – Shantell Martin: Someday We Can – noon-1:30 p.m. – free in the Sculpture Court.
- Studio Art Class for Adults: Acrylic Painting – 1-3 and 7:30-9:30 p.m. – free for members, $10 for non-members.
- Public Tour – 1:30-2:30 p.m. – free one-hour tour.
- “What’s Your Vision?” Tour – 4-5 p.m. – free one-hour tour.
- Jazz and Happy Hour – 5:30-7:30 p.m. – live music in the AK Café featuring Gruvology.
- Gallery Talk – Jacob Kassay: OTNY and Eric Mack: Vogue Fabrics –6-6:30 p.m. – free lecture with Curatorial Assistant Jasmine Magana in the 1905 Building.
- Live Short-Order Ekphrastic Poems by Just Buffalo Writing Center – 6:30-8:30 p.m. – free in the 1962 Building’s Lower Level Galleries.
- Gallery Talk – Tamar Guimaraes and Kasper Akhoj: Studies for a Minor History of Trembling Matter and Willa Nasatir – 7-7:30 p.m. – free lecture with Curatorial Assistant Jasmine Magana in the 1905 Building.
- Studio Art Class for Adults: Charcoal Drawing – 7:30-9:30 p.m. – free for members, $10 for non-members.
- Shantell Martin in Conversation with Curator of Public Art Aaron Ott – 7:30-8:30 p.m. – free in the Auditorium.
- The Art of Drink: Bootleg Bucha – 8:30-9:30 p.m. in the AK Café - $10 general admission, $5 for members.