|credit: Dave Pape|
On the first Friday of each month, the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, located at 1285 Elmwood Ave. in Buffalo, opens the doors to the 1962 Knox Building to the public free of charge from 10 a.m.-10 p.m., thanks to sponsorship from M&T Bank.
- Drop-in Art Activity – 10 a.m.-noon and 5-7 p.m. – free for all ages in the Education classrooms.
- Family Fun Tour – 11-11:45 a.m. – free in the 1962 Building.
- ArtCart – Menagerie: Animals on View – noon-1:30 p.m. – free in the 1905 Building.
- Studio Art Class for Adults: Pen-and-Ink Drawing – 1-3 and 7:30-9:30 p.m. – free for members, $10 for non-members.
- Public Tour – 1:30-2:30 p.m. – free one-hour tour.
- The Buffalo Zoo’s Zoomobile – special event from 3-7 p.m. on the Elmwood Ave. Lawn.
- “What’s Your Vision?” Tour – 4-5 p.m. – free one-hour tour.
- Jazz and Happy Hour – 5:30-7:30 p.m. – live music in the AK Café featuring Doug Yeomans and Sue Kincaid.
- Gallery Talk – Menagerie: Animals on View – 6-6:30 and 7-7:30 p.m. – free lecture with Albright-Knox Godin-Spaulding Curator and Curator for the Collection Holly E. Hughes in the 1905 Building.
- Film Screening: Zootopia – begins at 7:30 p.m. – free in the Auditorium.
- Exquisite Corpse – 8 p.m. in the Sculpture Court – try a unique parlor game invented by Surrealist artists.
- The Art of Drink: Tequila Tasting with Cantina Loco – 8:30-9:30 p.m. in the AK Café - $10 general admission, $5 for members.