Wednesday, February 6, 2019

BfloGirlGeek: “The Art of The Brick” comes to Buffalo


Oh, to be a kid again…and play with Legos.


video: YouTube

Yes, I had Barbie dolls, but I also had all the building toys – Legos, Lincoln Logs, Tinker Toys, Erector sets – because, well, Dad wanted a boy…so he got a tomboy instead. Mom tried her best to “girlify” me, but she eventually accepted my fate in life (thanks Dad!).

My favorites among those toys were Legos.

Legos have become much more than a toy since I played with them; they’re now art, technology – even an investment in some cases. Art meets tech in a new exhibit at the Buffalo Museum of Science, located at 1020 Humboldt Pkwy. in Buffalo: “The Art of The Brick,” by artist Nathan Sawaya, opens Saturday, Feb, 9 and runs through Sunday, May 5.

The exhibit was named one of CNN’s Top Ten “Global Must-See Exhibitions,” and features not only original art by Sawaya, but reimagined versions of masterpieces like Michelangelo's Statue of David, Van Gogh’s Starry Night and DaVinci’s Mona Lisa. There will also be a hands-on activity area within the exhibit entitled “The Science of The Brick.”

Timed tickets for the exhibit (includes museum admission and exhibit fee) are available at www.sciencebuff.org; tickets are $18 for adults (no ages given); $15 for children ages 2+, seniors, students and Military (with ID) (no ages given); and $5 for members.

Since this exhibit runs into May, I’m hoping Mother Nature cooperates and lets me go see this!

No comments:

Post a Comment