August got its start in July, as we headed to Pocono, PA for NASCAR – cars played a big part in August’s activities, including three races and three car shows Labor Day weekend (OK, part of that is in September, but for the sake of saying that was “4-wheel weekend” it’s included!).
- July 31st through August 2nd – Pocono Raceway for Cup Series practice and qualifying and Truck Series practice, qualifying and race – had the chance to meet a couple of my online co-workers from Skirts & Scuffs, Beth and Rebecca!
|Hijacked from Rebecca!|
- August 8th – drag racing at Elegant Builders Raceway Park (or whatever it goes by now!)
- August 10th – Watkins Glen International with D&F Travel
|first-time winner's celebration!|
- August 29th – Oswego Speedway for the RoC Modifieds
- August 30th – Olcott Beach for a HUGE car show!
|Olcott Beach - hundreds of cars!|
- August 31st – West Seneca PBA car show (formerly at Southgate Plaza)
- September 1st – St. Gregory the Great car show with the Ponies!
|the ultimate Bumblebee!|
One race – the Tommy/Tony Memorial Modified race – got postponed until September, making for a long gap in activities – but it allowed me to get back to the gym on a regular basis!