|credit: Wikimedia Commons/Dave Pape|
On the first Friday of each month, the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, located at 1285 Elmwood Ave. in Buffalo, opens the doors to the 1962 Knox Building to the public free of charge from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., thanks to sponsorship from M&T Bank.
- Drop-in Art Activity – 10 a.m.-noon and 5-7 p.m.
- Family Fun Tour – 11-11:45 a.m. – registration required.
- Toddler Art Class – 12:30-1:30 p.m. for ages 3-4 – free for members, $10 for non-members – registration required.
- Studio Art Classes for Adults – 1-3 p.m. and 7:30-9:30 p.m. – free for members, $10 for non-members – registration required.
- Public Tour – a free tour of the 1962 Knox Building at 1:30 p.m.
- Outdoor Sculpture Tour – free one-hour tour at 4 p.m.
- Drop-in Art Activity – 5-7 p.m., free in the Education Classrooms.
- Jazz and Happy Hour – live music by JazzQuest Trio on the Elmwood Ave. Portico from 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Gallery Talk – Marie Lorenz: Ezekia – 5:30 and 7:30 p.m. in the Gallery for New Media.
- Artist Talk: Marie Lorenz – 6 p.m. in the Auditorium
- The Art of Food and Drink: WNY Wineries – 7 p.m. on the Elmwood Ave. Portico - $5 for members, $10 for non-members – registration required.
- Artist Event: Marie Lorenz Pre-Launch Party – 7-9 p.m. on the Elmwood Ave. Portico