Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Storytelling: Carrie Underwood with Easton Corbin and the Swon Brothers at First Niagara Center


I’ve been to my fair share of concerts – particularly country shows – over the years, but there were two acts on my bucket list that I really wanted to see: Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood. Mr. Paisley continuously visits Darien Lake every year, but I’m not going out there – luckily, I was able to knock Carrie Underwood off the list in the comfortable confines of the First Niagara Center (please, Brad?!?!?).





 

Vocally and performance-wise, Carrie Underwood was everything I expected – my only complaint about the show was that the lighting was really distracting and downright annoying at times.



Also on the plus side, Easton Corbin was awesome (he was moving up the bucket list, so two birds with one stone, right?), and the Swon Brothers are definitely on the rise. Concert highlight: when Carrie pulled the three guys out for a cover of the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band’s “Fishin’ in the Dark” – still one of my favorite country songs ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment