Tuesday, December 1, 2015

BfloGirlBakes: Baking fun with Sift and Bake From Scratch

**Check out the new section of BfloGirlWorld - BfloGirlBakes!


The older I get, the magazines I like – especially the food ones – get prettier. Two of my favorites right now are Sift from King Arthur Flour and Hoffman Media’s Bake From Scratch – pretty pictures, great tips and delish recipes.





Sift’s holiday issue is the third edition of the new magazine, and if there’s one drawback, it’s that the recipes eventually end up on the KAF website (which is one of my favorites for baking). There is, however, so much more to the magazine – articles on bakers and bakeries around the country, tips, gift ideas…oh yeah, and pretty pictures. I’m really a sucker for the photographs, and wish I could master that end of photography like I have flowers and auto racing.




While I was looking for the holiday issue of Sift (available at local supermarkets and the KAF website) in one of the local supermarkets, I came upon the premiere issue of Bake From Scratch, which is actually a very similar style of magazine to Sift – pretty pictures, limited ads (which is nice, but drives up the price of both mags – around $13 each), lots of recipes that you will want to start making immediately, tips, tricks, baking-related articles. The upside – haven’t found these recipes online yet.

If you’re looking for a new magazine and don’t mind spending a little extra, I would recommend either of these. And once the holidays are done, I’m definitely trying something from these mags – I’ll let you know how things turn out!

photos: paulathompsonfreelance.com

No comments:

Post a Comment