Car show and cruise night season is winding down – get out with your cars and bikes before the season is over. Here are a few of the upcoming shows and cruise nights for August.
Cruise nights (ongoing):
- Mondays – Elma Towne Grill Cruise Night (6650 Clinton St. in Elma) starting at 5 p.m. through August 31st; Angry Buffalo at the Rose Garden (2753 Wehrle Dr. in Williamsville) starts at 5 p.m.; Lockport Monday Cruise Night at Ida Fritz Park (Main and Transit Sts. In Lockport) from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Tuesdays – Dug-Out Entertainment Complex (6856 S. Transit Rd. in Lockport) from 5 to 8 p.m. – also on Friday nights starting May 8th from 5 to 8 p.m.; Pautler’s Cruise Night (6343 Transit Rd. in Clarence) – 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays– Lancaster National Speedway and Dragway (Gunnville Rd. in Lancaster) Cruise Night from 6 to 11 p.m. – free admission; grudge racing $5 per run.
- Thursdays – Polish Falcons Auto Club Cruise Night (445 Columbia Ave. in Depew) from 6 to 9 p.m.; Quaker Steak and Lube Car and Motorcycle Show (6727 Transit Rd. in Lancaster) beginning at 5 p.m.; Akron Cruise Night (Main St. in Akron) – 6 to 8 p.m.; 97 Rock Classic Cruise Night at Transit Lanes (7850 Transit Rd. in Williamsville) and Santora’s (7800 Transit Rd. in Williamsville) – 6 p.m.
Car shows in August:
- Sunday, August 2 – Buffalo History Museum Antique and Classic Car Show at the Buffalo History Museum, Nottingham Ct. in Buffalo from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Monday, August 3 – Taste of Clarence and Cruise Night from 3 to 9 p.m. at Clarence Town Park, 10405 Main St. in Clarence.
- Saturday, August 8 – Eighth annual WNY Cruise Against Cancer presented by TJ Hirsch Enterprises at Pautler’s, 6343 Transit Rd. in Clarence from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sunday, August 9 – Eden Corn Festival Car Show at Eden Elementary School on Route 62 in Eden; registration from 8 to 11:30 a.m., judging starts at noon. Also, the 12th annual Rotary Clubs Car Show at the Northtown Center at Amherst, 1615 Amherst Manor Dr. in Williamsville from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and the 30th annual Buffalo T-Bird Club All Thunderbird Show at West-Herr Resale Center, 5535 Transit Rd. in Clarence from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday, August 22 – UAW/GM Lockport Component’s All American Car Show and Auto Expo at the GM Component Plant, 200 Upper Mountain Rd. in Lockport from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sunday, August 30 – Toy Town Car Show on Main St. (Route 20A) in East Aurora; registration from 8 a.m. to noon, show from noon to 4 p.m.