|credit: Wikimedia Commons/Dave Pape|
On the first Friday of each month, the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, located at 1285 Elmwood Ave. in Buffalo, opens the doors to the 1962 Knox Building to the public free of charge from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., thanks to sponsorship from M&T Bank. This Friday, December 4, Configuration Dance Theatre performs “Etudes” at 8:30 p.m. in the Auditorium.
- Homeschooler Art Class – 10 a.m. to noon for ages 11-17 – registration required.
- Homeschooler Art Class – 10:30 a.m. to noon for ages 5-10 – registration required.
- Toddler Art Class – 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. for ages 3-4 – free for members, $10 for non-members – registration required.
- Studio Art Classes for Adults – 1 to 3 p.m. and 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. – free for members and $10 for non-members.
- Public Tour – a free tour of the 1962 Knox Building at 1:30 p.m.
- Performance by the Buffalo Cello School – 3:30 p.m. in the Auditorium.
- What’s Your Vision tour – free one-hour tour at 4 p.m.
- Drop-in Art Activity for Families –5 to 7 p.m., free in the Education Classrooms.
- Jazz and Happy Hour – live music from Doug Yeomans and Sue Kincaid in the AK Café from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Performance with Young Audiences WNY: Celes Tisdale, “Yet, Do I Marvel” – 6 p.m. in the Auditorium.
- Gallery Talk – Looking at Tomorrow: Light and Language from the Panza Collection, 1967-1990 – join AK Research Assistant Andrew Cappetta for a discussion of the exhibit at 6:30 and 7:30 p.m. in the 1905 Building North Galleries (click links for registration information).
- Performance: “Etudes,” by Configuration Dance Theatre – at 8:30 p.m. in the Auditorium - $5 for non-members, free for members.