|Jaume Plensa discusses his Buffalo works, including "Silent|
Poets," Friday at the Albright-Knox
On the first Friday of each month, the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, located at 1285 Elmwood Ave. in Buffalo, opens the doors to the 1962 Knox Building to the public free of charge from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., thanks to sponsorship from M&T Bank. This Friday, November 6, Jaume Plensa discusses his two works “In Buffalo” at 8 p.m.
- Homeschooler Art Class – 10 a.m. to noon for ages 11-17 – registration required.
- Homeschooler Art Class – 10:30 a.m. to noon for ages 5-10 – registration required.
- Toddler Art Class – 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. for ages 3-4 – free for members, $10 for non-members – registration required.
- Studio Art Classes for Adults – 1 to 3 p.m. and 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. – free for members and $10 for non-members.
- Public Tour – a free tour of the 1962 Knox Building at 1:30 p.m.
- Performance by the Buffalo Chamber Players – 2:30 p.m. in the 1905 Building North Galleries.
- What’s Your Vision tour – free one-hour tour at 4 p.m.
- Drop-in Art Activity for Families –5 to 7 p.m., free in the Education Classrooms.
- Jazz and Happy Hour – live music from George Kane and Wayne Moose in the AK Café from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Performance with Young Audiences WNY: Kevin McCarthy, “Friends Forever Show” – 5:30 p.m. in the Auditorium.
- Gallery Talk – Eija-Liisa Ahtila: Ecologies of Drama – join AK Curatorial Assistant Jasmine Magana for a discussion of the exhibit at 6:30 p.m. in the 1905 Building South Galleries – registration recommended.
- Gallery Talk – Looking at Tomorrow: Light and Language from the Panza Collection, 1967-1990 – join AK Senior Curator Dr. Cathleen Chaffee for a discussion of the exhibit at 7:30 p.m. in the 1905 Building North Galleries – registration recommended.
- Artist Lecture: Jaume Plensa, “In Buffalo” –Plensa discusses his two pieces of Buffalo public art, including Canalside’s Silent Poets, 2012, at 8 p.m. in the Auditorium - $5 for non-members, free for members.