What’s better than homemade treats? Homemade treats made with fresh local ingredients! Whether you’re looking for fruits and vegetables, plants to grow your own or fresh baked goods, you’ll find something to bring home at these local markets. Here are some of the farmers markets opening over the next couple of weeks.
- Alden Farmers Market – Alden Village Plaza parking lot, 13119 Broadway; Saturdays from May 14-October 15, from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Blasdell Farmers Market – the Shoppes at 4271 Lake Ave.; Wednesdays from May 18-September 28, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Clinton Bailey Farmers Market – 1443-1517 Clinton St. in Buffalo; from May 1-November 1, Sunday through Friday, 7 a.m.-6 p.m. and Saturday 6 a.m.-6 p.m.
- East Aurora Farmers Market – Aurora Village Shopping Center on Grey St.; now through November 23 on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 7 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Hamburg Farmers Market – Village of Hamburg municipal parking lot, Main and Union Sts.; Saturdays from May 7-October 29, from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Holland Farmers Market – Town of Holland municipal parking lot, 25 N. Main St.; Sundays from May 7-November 30, from 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Lockport Community Market – Canal St. in Lockport; Saturdays from June 18-October 8 from 9 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Orchard Park Farmers Market at Fox Run – One Fox Run Ln.; Thursdays starting May 5 from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Clarence Hollow Farmers Market – Town parking lot at 10717 Main St. in Clarence; Saturdays beginning June 4 through October, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Downtown Country Market – Main St. between Court and Church Sts.; Tuesdays and Thursdays from May 12-October 27, from 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m. each day.
- Williamsville Farmers Market –Island Park, Main St. in the Village of Williamsville; Saturdays from May 21-October 29, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- North Tonawanda City Market – corner of Payne Ave and Robinson St. in North Tonawanda; Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays year-round from 7 a.m.-1 p.m.
- South Buffalo Farmers Market – Peter J. Crotty Casino at Cazenovia Park in Buffalo; Sundays beginning June 5 from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Elmwood Village Farmers Market – Elmwood Ave. and Bidwell Pkwy. in the Elmwood Village; Saturdays beginning May 7 through late November, from 8 a.m.-1 p.m.