|credit: Wikimedia Commons/Dave Pape|
On the first Friday of each month, the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, located at 1285 Elmwood Ave. in Buffalo, opens the doors to the 1962 Knox Building to the public free of charge from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., thanks to sponsorship from M&T Bank.
- Homeschooler Art Class – 10 a.m.-noon for ages 11-17 – registration required.
- Homeschooler Art Class – 10:30 a.m.-noon for ages 5-10 – registration required.
- Toddler Art Class – 12:30-1:30 p.m. for ages 3-4 – free for members, $10 for non-members – registration required.
- Studio Art Classes for Adults – 1-3 p.m. and 7:30-9:30 p.m. – free for members, $10 for non-members – registration required.
- Public Tour – a free tour of the 1962 Knox Building at 1:30 p.m.
- What’s Your Vision tour – free one-hour tour at 4 p.m.
- Drop-in Art Activity: Public Sewing Event with Amanda Browder, Spectral Locus in Buffalo – 4-7 p.m., free in the Education Classrooms.
- Jazz and Happy Hour – live music by Bill Bates and Bob White in the AK Café from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Gallery Talk – Torey Thornton: Sir Veil – 6 and 7 p.m. in the 1905 Building, North Galleries.
- Artist Talk: Amanda Browder, Spectral Locus in Buffalo – 7:30-8:30 p.m. in the Auditorium – free for members, $5 for non-members.
- Special Event – The Art of Food and Drink: Black Squirrel Distillery – 8:30 p.m. in the AK Café - $5 for members, $10 for non-members.