The 35th annual Curtain Up! Buffalo celebration kicks off the 2016 theatre season on Friday, September 16 at more than a dozen professional theatres in the Buffalo area. The festivities include dinners, performances and a post-performance party in downtown Buffalo.
Attendees may choose to start the evening off with dinner at any one of the Theatre District's numerous restaurants, or attend the Gala Dinner, taking place on the main stage of Shea’s Performing Arts Center and beginning at 5:30 p.m.
After dinner, check out a show at one of more than a dozen of Buffalo's outstanding professional theatres. Shows on stage that night include:
- Dear Lydia by Larry Gray at Alleyway Theatre (1 Curtain Up Alley in downtown Buffalo)
- Wonder of the World by David Lindsay-Abaire at Buffalo Laboratory Theatre (710 Main St. in Buffalo)
- Sweet Bird of Youth at Irish Classical Theatre Company (625 Main St. on downtown Buffalo)
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum at Lancaster Opera House (21 Central Ave. in Lancaster)
- Gentlemen Prefer Divas by Mary Kate O’Connell at O’Connell and Company in residence at Shea’s Smith Theatre (660 Main St. in Buffalo)
Get a full schedule of events for Curtain Up! 2016 at the Curtain Up! website.