The 34th annual Curtain Up! Buffalo celebration kicks off the theatre season on Friday, September 18 at more than a dozen professional theatres in the Buffalo area. The festivities include dinners, performances and a post-performance party in downtown Buffalo.
Attendees may choose to start the evening off with dinner at any one of the Theatre District's numerous restaurants, or attend the Gala Dinner, taking place on the main stage of Shea’s Performing Arts Center. Tickets for the Gala Dinner, which begins at 5:30 p.m., are $95 per person and $180 per couple.
After dinner, check out a show at one of more than a dozen of Buffalo's outstanding professional theatres. Shows on stage that night include:
- For Heaven’s Sake! By Laura Pedersen at 710 Main Theatre (710 Main St. in downtown Buffalo)
- Doubt by John Patrick Shanley at Buffalo Laboratory Theatre (5200 South Park Ave. in Hamburg)
- A Little Night Music at Irish Classical Theatre Company (625 Main St. on downtown Buffalo)
- Monty Python’s Spamalot at Lancaster Opera House (21 Central Ave. in Lancaster)
- Ten Days to Happiness by Donna Rae Davidson at O’Connell and Company in residence at The Park School (4625 Harlem Rd. in Snyder)
Get a full schedule of events for Curtain Up! 2014 at the Curtain Up! website.