|credit: Wikimedia Commons/Dave Pape|
On the first Friday of each month, the Albright-Knox Art Gallery, located at 1285 Elmwood Ave. in Buffalo, opens the doors to the 1962 Knox Building to the public free of charge from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., thanks to sponsorship from M&T Bank. This Friday, October 2, the Gallery hosts a performance of African drumming and storytelling at 8:30 p.m.
- Homeschooler Art Class – 10 a.m. to noon for ages 11-17 – fall session (October-December) is $30 for non-members and free for members in the education classrooms.
- Homeschooler Art Class – 10:30 a.m. to noon for ages 5-10 – fall session (October-December) is $30 for non-members and free for members in the education classrooms.
- Toddler Art Class – 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. for ages 3-4 – free for members, $10 for non-members.
- Studio Art Classes for Adults – 1 to 3 p.m. and 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. – free for members and $10 for non-members.
- Public Tour – a free tour of the 1962 Knox Building at 1:30 p.m.
- What’s Your Vision tour – free one-hour tour at 4 p.m.
- Drop-in Art Activity for Families –5 to 7 p.m., free in the Education Classrooms.
- Jazz and Happy Hour – live music from the Bates/White Project and drink specials in the AK Café from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Performance with Young Audiences WNY: Miche Gambro, “Finding Your Own Voice” – 6 p.m. in the Auditorium.
- African Drumming and Storytelling with Daughters of Creative Sound – 8:30 p.m. in the Auditorium - $5 for non-members, free for members.