Thursday, October 15, 2015

Discover Buffalo 2015: Way to Go Tours’ Best of Buffalo trip

A couple of weeks ago, my mom and I went on a bus trip tour of Buffalo with Way to Go Tours – out first time traveling with this company, and likely not our last. Among our stops: HARBORCENTER, Canalside, RiverWorks and Chef’s.

Inside HARBORCENTER - the Sabres!
The tour started at HARBORCENTER, which is a beautiful facility – made even better because Sabres training camp was in session while we were there! Thank you Terry and Kim Pegula for your ideas and money!

The big screen at (716)
We had time to take a quick walk over to Canalside, where we met Tim Horton and Shark Girl!

Sabres great Tim Horton - he of coffee fame!

Canalside resident Shark Girl
Next up was RiverWorks, otherwise known as the site of the Labatt Blue six-pack on the silos. Again, a beautiful facility, and home to a number of events including the Labatt Blue Pond Hockey Tournament and the Buffalo Roller Girls roller derby teams.

Inside RiverWorks - roller derby rack
That's a tall brew!
I'm ALWAYS taking pictures of flowers!
A view of the Canal from RiverWorks
Following RiverWorks we had lunch at Chef’s. I’m willing to admit my sins as a Buffalonian: this was my first time at Chef’s. Wow.What.I.Was.Missing! Spaghetti Parm forever! After a driving tour through areas like Solar City and the new medical corridor, we checked out one of the new hotels downtown, the Hilton Garden Inn, and made one final stop at Parkside Candy (sponge candy!!!).

The tour guide was great, and really knew his stuff when it came to Buffalo and what’s going on. I’ll be looking for this tour again next year, as well as checking out a few more!

**note – all travel was paid for by me, and all opinions are my own.**

 all photos: paulathompsonfreelance.com

No comments:

Post a Comment