Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Still The One: Shania Twain with Gavin deGraw at First Niagara Center


I don’t go to a ton of concerts each year – I pick and choose the best ones! After seeing Garth Brooks in March, I didn’t think my concert season would get any better, but it did Saturday night, October 3 when I got to see Shania Twain for the third time. This was billed as her final tour – which I don’t think it should be! – and since I saw her on her first two tours, it was a must-see show!


The opener was Gavin deGraw, which I thought was an interesting choice since he’s more pop-oriented than country-pop, but it turns out he’s based in Nashville now (and originally from the Catskills – New York represent!). I can’t say that I was surprised he was as good as he was, but I was surprised that he captured the crowd as well as he did. I don’t know a lot of his songs, but as long as he did “I Don’t Wanna Be” I was all good!



And Shania…what can you really say? Words can’t describe that show – well, maybe AWESOME (yes, in capital letters). And I just want to look half that good at 50. She said at one point she lost some confidence during her time off the road and away from music – believe me, you couldn’t tell – she needed confidence to pull off some of those outfits!



Here are a few more shots from the show!






No comments:

Post a Comment