Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Welcome to Khaleesi’s Garden!

You may have gathered from previous posts here that I’m a bit of a Sci-Fi/Fantasy geek…OK, maybe more than a bit. One of the places I’ve extended this love to is my garden: what started with two plants – the Jedi Free Spirit daylily and the Dark Angel Star Wars dahlia – has become something of an all-consuming quest to find other Sci-Fi/Fantasy-themed plants and garden accents. Star Wars has been joined by Harry Potter, The Hobbit and A Game of Thrones.


The quest for garden accents – or garden art, as we call it in Buffalo – took a big turn when I spotted a Plow & Hearth dragon on QVC, and when I purchased it, it put me on a mission to find a couple more – making me, as my friend Patty calls me, the “mother of dragons.”

Thus, Khaleesi’s Garden was born. The number of plants – purchased based solely on their names – is over a dozen, and desperately needs to be moved from its small spot at the corner of my garage to a larger plot in the backyard to accommodate the dragons, a cool wind spinner (in shipment) and possibly a unicorn (which will claim its spot due to being Peter’s ride in The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe – and because unicorns are awesome!). 

I’ll be showcasing the garden art portion of the garden over the next few posts, and when the plants start arriving and the plot is finished, we’ll move to the backyard. I hope you’ll join me on this fun journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment