Thursday, August 27, 2015

BfloGirlGarden presents Garden Week: Container gardening

Container gardening is one of my favorite things when it comes to my gardens – especially on my front porch, where I have an awesome corner plant stand that fills in with lots of color. My favorite plants to use in containers are coleus, to which I add petunias, calibrachoas and exotic impatiens.


 

Garden experts always talk about “thrillers, fillers and spillers” when it comes to container plantings. I don’t always subscribe to that theory – I just like mixing flowers up and seeing what happens throughout the summer.


One of my go-to combinations for the last couple of years is Wizard Coral Sunrise Coleus with Fusion Peach Frost Exotic Impatiens – I used this on a few containers this year.


I’m always amazed at how “drapey” a Trailing Coleus like Chocolate Drop can get, easily filling out a shady area almost by itself.



This little cutie is part of the Proven Winners collection I received earlier this year – I just love the look of the Lemon Coral Sedum in this little faux-rock planter.


No comments:

Post a Comment