Saturday, August 8, 2015

Pocono Raceway in pictures - July 31st-August 1st, 2015

This was the 14th year I’ve been to Pocono Raceway in Pennsylvania for the second Cup Series race – when I started going there it was still the WINSTON Cup Series! I’ve said it before and I’ll continue to say it forever – if you go to Pocono, GET THE PIT/PADDOCK PASS!! It’s well worth the $50 to see what goes on in the garage area, from crews at work and drivers clowning around to tech inspections and standing behind the pit wall during practice and qualifying. Here are a few of my photos from the “other side.”







On the grandstand side, I was able to get some great photos of Kyle Busch’s post-race smoke show – i.e. victory burnout! 




yes, I did crop this! :)


all photos: paulathompsonfreelance.com

No comments:

Post a Comment