Thursday, August 20, 2015

Watkins Glen International in pictures

Toyota's cool ferris wheel
Matt Kenseth
I don’t care what some people say – road courses are freakin’ awesome! Especially when there’s one in your “backyard” (i.e. – a couple hours away). Watkins Glen International is that track for me, and the best way to get there – unless you’re staying there – is on a bus trip: dropped off right in front of the grandstand gate, with lots of time to go explore the midway area (but still never enough!). Here are a few pictures from this year’s event.

Newman!

Casey Mears

Clint Bowyer

on pit road

mmmm...M&Ms!

on the starting grid

heading to the green flag

random tire rolling along (yes, the frontstretch was cheering on the tire!)

Joey Logano on fire! (literally)


**note – Mom and I went with D&F Travel – all travel was paid for by me, and all opinions are my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment