Want to learn a little more about the Buffalo-Niagara area? Buffalo History Tours is offering a number of tours this summer, highlighting the history and mystery of downtown Buffalo.
- Canal Stories @ Canalside – offered Fridays from 7 to 8:30 p.m. through September 4th, this 90-minute walking tour explores the people who lived and worked along the Erie Canal.
- Canalside Family Scavenger Hunt – Saturdays from 2 to 4 p.m. through September 5th, families use creativity, knowledge and a smart phone to solve riddles, find clues and create images.
- Canalside Murder Mystery – on Saturdays from 6 to 7:30 p.m. through September 5th, help Detective Stanley Holmes solved the mystery of Norwood Scott’s death at Canalside.
- Officer O’Connor’s Vice Patrol – Saturdays from 8 to 9:30 p.m. through September 5th, 1880s “cop” Officer O’Connor and other costumed characters bring stories of true crime, murder and mischief to life.
- Downtown Prohibition Pub Walk – Thursdays from 7 to 8:30 p.m. through September 3rd, learn how Buffalo survived the Prohibition and about the characters – smugglers, gangsters and others – who also survived.
- First Sunday Tour of the Hotel Lafayette – on first Sunday of each month, June through December, at 11 a.m., noon and 1 p.m., learn about the hotel’s renovation, its role in Prohibition and more.
- Canalside Haunted History Ghost Walk – Wednesdays from 7 to 8:30 p.m. and Fridays from 9 to 10:30 p.m., learn about ghost ships, spirits and more in this partnership with Mason Winfield’s Haunted History Ghost Walks.