Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas flowers: Poinsettia Show at the Botanical Gardens


I love poinsettias – I think they’re absolutely beautiful.


I’m also allergic to them.

That stinks, because I can’t have them in my house without getting all congested and awful-feeling. So I do the next best thing – go to the Buffalo and Erie County Botanical Gardens and take pictures of them during the annual Poinsettia Show, which runs through January 4th (that’s Sunday).


Taking poinsettia pictures is perfect – all the beauty and none of the congestion. And they last all year long.


This year’s show was a lot more colorful – some of the poinsettias were “painted,” as were some of the trees (artificial, not real); the fact that the colors included purple and teal were an added bonus (and gave me sooooo many more ideas for decorating, which I really don’t need).





Enjoy these photos, or get to the Gardens before Sunday and see them for yourself.

All aboard for Hogwarts!


all photos: paulathompsonfreelance.com

No comments:

Post a Comment