Saturday, December 6, 2014

November 2014 in review

November, somewhat thankfully, was rather uneventful – which was good, because I needed to start holiday stuff! November and December are vacation-heavy months for me at work because 1) it’s easier for me to schedule time off when I’m not on the road and 2) I need time for baking and decorating.

One thing that did happen in the area in November was “Winter Storm Knife” (huh?!?!), a/k/a “Snowvember” (that’s more Buffalo-sounding!). While the folks 15 minutes away from me in Lancaster had five or six feet of snow (in less than two days!), the Amherst area got five or six inches. Yes – inches. Lake effect snow is just wacky!

Buffalo, of course, takes it all in stride – neighbors help neighbors, strangers help strangers, and we make the best of what we have:


In between cookies and decorating, I did get to see the new Hunger Games movie, Mockingjay Pt. 1. To the filmmakers: You ended it THERE?!?! REALLY?!?! That’s just cruel. (Granted, I read the books and know what happens, but still…)


I also checked out the new Star Wars trailer when it was released because, you know, I had to. I’m still not sure about the Disney-takes-over-Star Wars thing, and I’m even less sure about them throwing 20+ years of awesome SW Extended Universe books out the window – it’s like Star Wars meets Sliders in a parallel galaxy far, far away. I do have two kudos though: Sith saber = cool and soccer ball droid = cute (I hope it’s as feisty as it looks!).


No comments:

Post a Comment