Saturday, December 13, 2014

Starstruck: Clint Malarchuk at Barnes & Noble

I love hockey, I love my Sabres, and I love seeing the guys I grew up watching come back to the area for any reason. One of my favorite Sabres of all time is goalie Clint Malarchuk, who was just totally cool as a player and a person – he is a cowboy, after all!

A few weeks back, my mom and I walked into Barnes & Noble because we had some time before the mall opened. “Mom, look – Clint Malarchuk’s gonna be here!” I was like a little 16-year-old hockey fan finding out her favorite player was going to be appearing – just 25 years after the fact!


In spite of a great hockey career, Malarchuk is probably most remembered, unfortunately, for a horrifying accident that took place on the ice of the Memorial Auditorium in 1989 (see more about that here). In part, that was what brought him back to Buffalo over the last few days – Malarchuk wrote and recently released a book, “A Matter of Inches,” about his life, the accident and the aftermath.



I can’t wait to read the book – and it’s pretty cool to have a personally signed copy!

Yes, he signed it "Happy Trails" - love him!!

Life complete!


No comments:

Post a Comment